What do we do?
At Action Safety Wear, we manufacture a full range of Tactical gear such as Bulletproof Vests, Holsters, Tactical Belts, Thigh Rigs and much more.
- At Action Safety Wear we only use the best materials in the construction of our Bulletproof Vests. With every roll of Kevlar we purchase, we are issued a certificate of authenticity.
- Our Bulletproof Vests have been successfully tested in accordance with the requirements of SANS 1658: 2007 Ballistic Resistance of Body Armour Level II & Level IIIA.
- Over and above our SANS 1658: 2007 certification, we often send our Bulletproof Vests to gun enthusiasts to test shoot under camera to mimic daily real-life situations.
Frequently asked questions
What is Kevlar?
- Kevlar has been the longtime standard for ballistic material. It is 5x stronger than steel and is more flexible and comfortable than most other materials. It is tried, true, and battle proven. Kevlar is made by combining para-phenylenediamine and terephthaloyl chloride to create aromatic polyamide threads which are then refined and woven into the panels. Kevlar has saved thousands of lives and will continue to do so for a long time!
Why does body armour have a lifespan?
- All soft body armour has a lifespan because ballistic materials degrade over time. Typically, the lifespan of soft armour is 5 years and it important to confirm an expiration date with the manufacturer. Even the world’s strongest materials degrade with age and it is important that you know when your armour will expire.
Can I wear expired armour?
- Expired body armour should be replaced, but wearing something is better than nothing. It has been proven that body armour does maintain some of its ballistic properties long after the standard 5-year lifespan. However, there are no guarantees and no official testing for expired armour. You should expect to wear expired armour at your own risk. If your armour is expired, and you cannot afford something new, keep on wearing it. It can still save your life.